Sunday, August 4, 2013

My Mea Culpa to My Readers

BetterJNel, weight lost, obesity, Dolly Parton, blog, struggles

"You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try" - Dolly Parton.


There are moments in your life in which you have two options. You can continue on the easy path you are on; the safe path of what the standard is out there OR You can take a new challenging path in which you are exposed and will get some cuts and bruises on along the way.

In my own personal journey, I was on that first path, but then I chose the second path to become a Better Me.  That might be why you are here.  You might have seen a picture or read a post in which brought you to my page in which you thought you would get a real approach with what my weight loss struggles are.  You would have liked to follow me on the journey to a Better JNel.

That is where I have failed you are the reader. 

This is my apology to you.

My mea culpa

This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending my first social media conference in Kansas City: Go Blog Social.  While each presentation varied in context, one theme was repeated over and over by the presenters:  Your blog should show your uniqueness by sharing your life and what makes you difference out there.  This is where I have failed you and myself.

I started out on this blog wanting to be open about my journey and open about my struggles.  While you are read some stories, I have been holding back on opening up.  I copied what other bloggers in which I network write about thinking that is what I should be doing, but it was not showing my uniqueness. 

That is going to change. 

I am sorry that I have not opened up and fully exposed my journey.  I am preparing a new look, a new feel, and a new approach to all of my social media channels in the next month.  Please continue to follow me and be ready for quality content.  Thank you for allowing me to trust you, the reader, on protection my feelings and following me so far on this journey.  

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-       Robert Frost


4 comments:

  1. I took the same thing away from the conference. Way to go seeing a new direction you're ready to take on!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be the common thread of the conference! Last night I posted a very similar post on my blog - its so important to be ourselves, not just for our readers, but for us as well. I can't wait to see the direction in which you're headed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a wonderful thing. It's going to be hard but your story can be so helpful to others, you must tell it all as honestly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete